Submission Deadline: March 31, 2021
We Are Cousins announces a Call for Presentations for the 2nd Annual We Are Cousins Virtual Genealogy Conference. Selected presentations will be used for our live virtual event during September 15-17, 2021 and the recordings will be archived on our website and available to current and future attendees based on the conference pass they select.
We are looking for enthusiastic presenters with a passion for genealogy! If you would like to teach and inspire other genealogists, researchers, and family historians then this conference is perfect for you. Our 1st conference had over 230 attendees ranging from beginner to expert.
We are looking for beginner, intermediate, and advanced level presentations. Seasoned and new speakers are encouraged to submit.
The areas of interest may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Records & Repositories (land, probate, tax, court, and other records)
- Research in Texas, Tamaulipas, Nuevo Leon, and Coahuila
- Record Analysis and Skill Building
- DNA for Genealogy
- Methodology and problem-solving techniques
- Writing, Storytelling, and Publishing
- Basic to experienced genealogical topics (ex: how to or getting started)
- History combined with Genealogy
Presentations should be forty to forty-five minutes to allow 10 minutes for questions and answers after presentation.
If you would like to be a presenter, you may submit up to three proposals. Each submitted proposal requires the following information:
- Speaker’s full name, mailing address, telephone, and email address
- Presentation title (please keep it short 15 word or less)
- Lecture summary for program brochure, not to exceed fifty words
- Speaker’s biography, not to exceed fifty words
- A photo for the brochure and website
Submission deadline is March 31, 2021
- Conference will get $150.00 per presentation (up to three),
- A $25.00 bonus for Syllabus materials if received before deadline of August 31, 2021,
- A $25.00 bonus for answering questions after your presentation,
- A $50.00 bonus if you allow Las Villas del Norte to use your presentation,
- Free registration to our virtual conference.
- No other expenses will be provided or reimbursed.
NOTE: Please do not submit proposals for presentations that you have presented or will present at other virtual conferences and or events between November 31, 2020, and November 31, 2021, or lectures freely available online.
Additional Requirements for Selected Presenters:
Your presentation must be on PowerPoint. We will record all presentations in the month of August via Zoom. This means that you will present from your home and must have a computer and microphone. No experience using Zoom required, we will walk you through the process.
Selected speakers should submit a two to five page handout by August 31, 2021. The handout, speaker photo, and speaker biography will be included in the conference syllabus distributed to conference attendees.
Proposal & Syllabus Timeline
- March 31, 2021: Proposals due.
- April 31, 2021: Notifications of acceptance will be sent out to speakers before this date.
- August 31, 2021: Syllabus materials due.
- August 2020: All presentations will be recorded.
If you have questions or need clarification on anything, please send us a message using our contact form.
Submit Your Proposal Here
Please use the form below to submit your proposal. We recommend you submit three in order to have better chances of being selected.
Please use the buttons below to help us spread the word about our conference. Thanks in advance.