Submission Deadline: July 1, 2020
We Are Cousins announces a Call for Presentations for the 1st Annual We Are Cousins Virtual Genealogy Conference.
We are looking for dynamic and enthusiastic presenters! If you feel passionate about your area of expertise and would like to teach and inspire other genealogists, researchers, and family historians this is the venue for you. Our attendees range from beginner to expert.
Topics geared toward beginners, intermediate, and advanced level presentations that delve deep into record sources and include unique and experienced use of record sources are encouraged for consideration.
Seasoned and new speakers to the genealogical lecturing arena are encouraged to submit.
The areas of interest may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Records & Repositories (land, probate, tax, court, and other records)
- Research in Texas, Tamaulipas, Nuevo Leon, and Coahuila
- Record Analysis and Skill Building
- DNA for Genealogy
- Methodology and problem-solving techniques
- Writing, Storytelling, and Publishing
- Basic to experienced genealogical topics (ex: how to or getting started)
- History combined with Genealogy
Presentations should be forty-five minutes to one hour long.
If you would like to be a presenter, you may submit up to two proposals. Each submitted proposal requires the following information:
- Speaker’s full name, mailing address, telephone, and email address
- Presentation title (please keep it short)
- Lecture summary for program brochure, not to exceed fifty words
- Speaker’s biography, not to exceed fifty words
- A photo for the brochure and website
Submission deadline is July 1, 2020
We will pay you $150.00 per session (up to two sessions), and free registration to our virtual conference.
Additional Requirements for Selected Presenters:
Your presentation must be on PowerPoint. We will record all presentations in the month of August via Zoom. This means that you will present from your home and must have a computer and microphone. No experience using Zoom required, we will walk you through the process.
- July 1, 2020: Proposals due.
- July 15, 2020: Notifications of acceptance sent out to speakers.
- August 1, 2020: All speaker notifications will be completed.
- August 2020: All presentations will be recorded.
If you have questions, please send us a message using our contact form.
Submit Your Proposal Here
Please use the form below to submit your proposal. We recommend you submit two in order to have better chances of being selected.
Please use the buttons below to help us spread the word about our conference. Thanks in advance.