Congratulations on being one of our speakers!
We have created this page to help you develop your presentation.
As one of our speakers you will have the opportunity to share your love and passion for your topic in a way that will educate, inform, and inspire. Our presenters are world-class experts, professional genealogists, and accomplished family historians.
As a speaker for We Are Cousins, you will have the opportunity to share your love of your topic with a regional audience whose roots are deeply imbedded in Northeastern Mexico and Texas. Last year we had over 200 attendees..
In order to provide our attendees with a great experience please ensure that your presentation follows complies with the following requirements.
- Be 40-45 minutes in length
- Don't put a date on your slides
- Make sure your presentation is not hard on the eyes (white background and dark text works best)
No buying of software or equipment is required, but please make sure you have the following.
- Computer with Zoom software installed (Download Zoom Software)
- Make sure computer camera and microphone are in good working conditions (attendees want to see your face and hear great audio during questions and answers)
- Fast Internet Connection (reduces lagging and provides better video quality)
Recording Tips and Tricks
Once you receive the Zoom meeting date/s to record your presentation/s. Please keep the following in mind:
- Set a reminder in your phone or calendar with the date and time of your Zoom meeting (you will get a reminder a week in advance)
- Make sure you set up for meeting in a quiet place with good lighting (tip, sitting next or in front of a window is best)
- Put your phone to mute and close any programs in your computer that may cause unwanted noise.
- Make sure you have a nice clean background, making sure nothing is there that you don't want to come out in the recording.
- Dress modestly and professionally. Choose bright and solid clothing; don't use small, busy patterns since they create a blur on camera.
If Self-recording your presentation is due July 28, 2022.
Keep Your Presentation Legal
Please ensure that you presentation does not infringe on the copyright of others. The best way to so so is be keeping the following tips in mind:
- Use videos, photos, and music that are your own work or that are in the public domain. If in the public domain, please provide a link to the source of the item.
- Create non-cluttered content that avoids, trademarks and logos of others, which may detract from your message.
- Use https://pixabay.com/ for free images
- Use https://www.loc.gov/ for free images
- Use https://unsplash.com/ for free images.
- If showcasing genealogy records ensure you provide the source for credit.
Have a Question?
Contact us using the following form.